Saturday, January 28, 2017

Work Placement In Marketing Week 3

Hi guys, I'm doing the last blog post to discuss my work placement in digital marketing. Wow, it's the third week! That's crazy because it doesn't seem like it was 3 weeks ago when I was panicking and nervous about starting. It's weird how fast the time has gone. I've learnt so much but first, let's break down what I have done over this week. 

Day 1
As per usual over the last 3 weeks, I started my day with checking out social media on Hootsuite. Seeing if there were any tweets to like or retweet. I then went on to scheduling some photos for the next few days on Instagram. Naturally, this took up a fair bit of my time because it takes me a while to choose the right photo and then to go ahead and edit it too. So this took up a fair chunk of my morning. I then got given a task to create an email for a ring company which I did before and after my lunch break. The last few hours I spent on social media again. It was somewhat relaxed for a Monday which was great because I was tired and haven't really recovered from my cold over the weekend.

Day 2
I started my day with social media as per usual. I then did another email to one of the companies, and this took up most of my time before and just after lunch because I'm a slight perfectionist sometimes.
After lunch, I went on to scheduling some tweets for one of the companies. And from there on, I mainly stayed on social media. I did occasionally break by proof-reading blog posts, but I stuck to social media generally.

Day 3
I started with social media again. I think over the last 3 weeks it's become a habit that I just automatically do as soon as I settle down at the computer. I spent an hour or so doing that, trying to find a pretty picture for Instagram took me a while haha. I later was on one of the diamond ring companies' Twitter and unfollowing competitors or people that aren't following back which aren't relevant using one of those online apps that show you who is not following you. I did this for a while then I got bored, so I went for lunch. After lunch, I did the previous task for a little while, but then I was given a blog post to do. Yay! I was getting bored again, so it was great. It was on garden sheds, not the most riveting of subjects but it was different. And that was my last task really. I've only got 2 days to go and then I am done. Bittersweet feelings.

Day 4
Today I did my regular routine of checking social media specifically Instagram. The director was out at a meeting, so I was given a blog post to do. It was so interesting (not really), and it was about heated car seats. I had to write a post discussing the benefits. It was difficult because all I could think of was how it keeps your behind warm, haha but I got there eventually and was able to bash out a pretty decent (if I do say so myself) blog post. Later in the afternoon, I worked on updating the listings on the Jewellery Quarter which meant I had to brace the cold to take a picture of one of the new restaurants that had opened up last month. It was cold, and my fingers were numb, but I got a good photo so yay! I was supposed to write a blog post about this new restaurant but never got around to doing it, so I think I'll do it tomorrow on my last day (cries).

Day 5
The first thing I did when I got in was the blog post from yesterday. Since I never got around to doing it yesterday, I thought I should do it today. It wasn't too difficult, but it took me all morning to complete it! I also bought some chocolates in since it's my last day so let's just say that there was a lot of chocolate eating in the morning.

Look how yummy the chocolates look! The small box is from a place called The Chocolate Quarter in the Jewellery Quarter. They even sell vegan chocolate! I went there for that reason since 2 of the girls in the office are either dairy-free or vegan. 
I then worked on some social media stuff for a little while, and soon it was time for lunch. The director treated us all out for lunch which was really nice. The food was tasty and the company was great. In the afternoon, I worked on my last blog post which was about paid vs. organic advertising. It was an interesting topic, so it was fun doing the research for it. Before I knew it, it was the end of the day. I ended the day going out for dinner with the girls and went to Wagamama's for the first time ever.

All the food I ate on my last day haha! The top row was lunch, and the bottom row was dinner. I really love food, so it was the best day out of the three weeks.

All in all, I enjoyed my placement a lot. I feel blessed that I got the chance to work with some amazing people and learn so many new skills. Even the skills I already had such as the blogging, I learnt how to expand and strengthen that skill.

By doing this placement, it has confirmed that the digital marketing industry is an industry I'm excited to work in once I graduate. It feels great to finally have more of an idea of what career I want to go into after years of jumping from different career prospects. 

Thank you all for following along with my three-week journey. I shall talk to you guys soon xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment